Friday, January 16, 2009

almost ready

I finished reading through the submissions today. Whew! I am waiting to hear back from a few people and then I can start putting the issue together. I should have it published next week.

I have to say, I am tempted to place a list of forbidden poetry words on the submission guidelines. However, that probably would not go over too well with the poets who read and want to submit to the journal. For what it's worth, I really don't ever want to read anything about "drifting" this or that for at least three months in a poem. I don't know if it was just this round of reading, or if it's a more insidious indication of modern poetry's descent in the trivial, but I would really like to see more original imagery. Is that too much to ask?

Of course, now the question becomes: what is "original?"

No comments: