Monday, April 13, 2009

finished reading!

And it was agony because there were so many wonderful poems. I had to let go of several that I truly liked. I hate that. Even more difficult was narrowing some down to one per poet when the submission had two poems that I liked equally.

Thanks everyone, for submitting your excellent work. It's always appreciated. I apologize forever for having to reject so many. I know what that feels like.

Now the fun part: building the issue. This should take a few days to a week. I always like to send out proof pages, just in case I make a stupid mistake. My copy editor is also amazing and this is when he goes over everything with a fine-toothed comb. The astonishing thing is how fast he is at picking out typos and inconsistencies! I would be sunk without his help.

2 comments:

Niaz Khadem said...

I'm pumped to read the new issue.

Christine Klocek-Lim said...

Thanks Niaz. I hope you enjoy it.